We’ll show you how to check-in attendees and sell tickets at the door with our easy-to-use mobile app, so you are well prepared for event day.
Check In/Scan Tickets
Ticketstripe’s mobile app lets you quickly scan tickets and check-in attendees at the event. We track each ticket scanned to report which tickets were used and to ensure only valid tickets are granted entry to your event. Using the app to scan tickets keeps the lines moving and attendees happy. If you have more than one entry point, you can have multiple staff members scan tickets simultaneously. Below we’ll show you how to:
In order to allow staff members to scan tickets and check-in attendees, the event organizer will additional users as Check-In Assistants to their account:
- Log in to your Ticketstripe account via a web browser
- Click on Account in the top menu
- Click on User Access from the side menu
- Select the Access level from the drop down menu: Check-in Assistant
- Enter the name and email address of the user. The email you enter will be used as their username. Ticketstripe will send an email to that address inviting them to set a password.
- Select if you want to allow access to All Events or Select the specific events they will need access to
- Click Create to finish adding them as a user
TIP: If a user you have added already has an account with Ticketstripe or does not receive an invite, they can always reset their password at the login screen here.
Every staff member who will be scanning tickets at the event will need to log in to the mobile app in order to scan tickets. We recommend that team members log in ahead of time and practice scanning tickets before the event to ensure they are comfortable with scanning at the door.
Once you are logged in, to scan a ticket, select your event and tap the orange scan icon. The first time you do this the app will ask to access the camera as it needs to use the mobile camera to scan the ticket barcode.
Point the square you see at the QR code to check an attendee in. A green notification confirming this attendee is checked in will appear and you can click anywhere on the screen to scan your next ticket. Attendees that are checked in will have an orange check mark next to that name on your attendee list.
However, if a ticket is already checked in or not valid for your event, you will see a red notification with information about why the ticket could not be checked in. As each QR code is unique for every ticket, it can only be scanned once, which helps prevent fraud and duplicate scanning.
Check In Attendees Manually
To manually check in attendees simply tap on their name and then on the toggle next to “Not Checked In”. When an attendee is checked in you will see that toggle turn orange and a checkmark will appear next to their name in the attendee list. You can also use this toggle to check an attendee out for re-entry.
Check-in data will sync across your account with all mobile devices.
For the smoothest check in experience try to avoid direct sunlight as that will make it difficult to scan mobile devices. And make sure you have a strong wifi or data connection for faster checkin.
Using Printed Attendee Lists
If you prefer to use a printed attendee list to check in users or would like to have it as a “back up”, you can generate and print attendee lists from the “Attendee List” section in your Ticketstripe web dashboard.
Ticketstripe’s mobile app lets your team swiftly accept payments for tickets and merchandise at the event. This portion of the app is referred to as Box Office.
The Box Office functionality of our app is available on Android phones and iOS phones, tablets and Mac Books in the United States.
All Ticketstripe accounts can use the mobile app to accept cash payments. To accept credit card and wallet payments, your Ticketstripe account requires a connected Stripe account and a Stripe Reader M2 device that can be purchased directly from Stripe here. Order the Reader at least two weeks prior to your event.
- Use your main account or add team members here. Use the Box Office role for any member authorized to accept payments at the event.
- Make sure the Stripe Reader M2 device is fully charged.
- Sign into your Ticketstripe account and add a Box Office Location here. This is the physical address where you will be using your Stripe Reader M2. You will need it to connect your reader.
- Turn on your phone’s Bluetooth and the Stripe Reader M2 device. (Do not manually pair the Stripe Reader M2 until our app prompts you to connect).
- Launch the Ticketstripe app. Sign in > Go to Settings (Menu)
- Tap on Credit Card Terminal and follow App instructions to connect your Stripe Reader M2 device. If this is a new device, there will be a software update that might last 10 to 30 minutes. The app will show the update progress. Do not close or switch from the app while downloading or it might interrupt the process. Once the update finishes downloading and installing it will switch back to the Settings screen showing a successful connection status.
Once your phone has connected with the Stripe Reader M2 device, tap on the menu and choose My Events. From the list of events tap on the event you want to sell tickets to. Tap Menu > Sell Tickets
From here you will be able to add tickets to the cart and accept payments via Swipe, Tap or Chip insert method, as well as Google or Apple wallet payments.
Add the desired ticket quantity to the cart by tapping on the plus sign next to the ticket.
Once you are ready to process payment tap on the CARD button (or CASH) at the bottom of your screen.
On the next screen you may enter optional customer information, like the guest’s name and email. Tap CONTINUE.
The App will display a “Ready for Payment” message. Instruct your attendee to Tap, Swipe or Insert their card. Once the payment is processed successfully you will see a confirmation page with the order summary.
On this page you can tap Done to start a new order. Tap Email to send tickets and a receipt to the customer. Tap Check In All to mark all tickets within this order as checked-in to the event.
Service fees for digital payments accepted via the Box Office are the same as for tickets sold online.
Due to legalities in various states, Ticketstripe’s Box Office app will add a service fee to cash sales. However, we will not collect those fees. They are yours to do with as you please.
All payment processor fees for tickets sold using the Box Office app at the door will be absorbed by the event organizer.
With any questions about using our mobile app, please contact our support team.