Ticketstripe Box Office App Tutorial
Ticketstripe’s mobile app lets your team swiftly accept payments for tickets and merchandise at the event. This portion of the app is referred to as Box Office.
The Box Office functionality of our app is available on Android phones and iOS phones, tablets and Mac Books in the United States.
All Ticketstripe accounts can use the mobile app to accept cash payments. To accept credit card and wallet payments, your Ticketstripe account requires a connected Stripe account and a Stripe Reader M2 device that can be purchased directly from Stripe here. Order the Reader at least two weeks prior to your event.
- Use your main account or add team members here. Use the Box Office role for any member authorized to accept payments at the event.
- Make sure the Stripe Reader M2 device is fully charged.
- Sign into your Ticketstripe account and add a Box Office Location here. This is the physical address where you will be using your Stripe Reader M2. You will need it to connect your reader.
- Turn on your phone’s Bluetooth and the Stripe Reader M2 device. (Do not manually pair the Stripe Reader M2 until our app prompts you to connect).
- Launch the Ticketstripe app. Sign in > Go to Settings (Menu)
- Tap on Credit Card Terminal and follow App instructions to connect your Stripe Reader M2 device. If this is a new device, there will be a software update that might last 10 to 30 minutes. The app will show the update progress. Do not close or switch from the app while downloading or it might interrupt the process. Once the update finishes downloading and installing it will switch back to the Settings screen showing a successful connection status.
Once your phone has connected with the Stripe Reader M2 device, tap on the menu and choose My Events. From the list of events tap on the event you want to sell tickets to. Tap Menu > Sell Tickets
From here you will be able to add tickets to the cart and accept payments via Swipe, Tap or Chip Insert method, as well as Google or Apple wallet payments.
Add the desired ticket quantity to the cart by tapping on the plus sign next to the ticket.
Once you are ready to process payment tap on the CARD button (or CASH) at the bottom of your screen.
On the next screen you may enter optional customer information, like the guest’s name and email. Tap CONTINUE.
The App will display a “Ready for Payment” message. Instruct your attendee to Tap, Swipe or Insert their card. Once the payment is processed successfully you will see a confirmation page with the order summary.
On this page you can tap Done to start a new order. Tap Email to send tickets and a receipt to the customer. Tap Check In All to mark all tickets within this order as checked-in to the event.
Service fees for digital payments accepted via the Box Office are the same as for tickets sold online.
Due to legalities in various states, Ticketstripe’s Box Office app will add a service fee to cash sales. However, we will not collect those fees. They are yours to do with as you please.
All payment processor fees for tickets sold using the Box Office app at the door will be absorbed by the event organizer.
With any questions about using our mobile app, please contact our support team.